View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 08, 2005, 12:29am
Official Forum Member

I was you last year. I went nuts and bought a bunch of stuff. Here are a few thoughts:

Sansabelt are the best IMHO.

Dont worry about the silly rubber belt. Just get a pair of compression shorts and tuck your shirt (and black undershirt) into the compression shorts. Then put on the pants. They shirt will stay in no problem.

I like the Cliff Keen micro mesh V.

Dont skimp on the shoes. I bought the New Balance. They are the best shoes I have ever bought. Better than Nikes and Addidas and Reeboks. They are just great. Fit great. Feet feel great after a game. And no break in time. They were awesome out of the box.

You will get a split of opinion on the patent leather ones. You might want to check with your association. I know this sounds silly but some of the senior guys can be real anti-patent leather. You dont want to rub them the wrong way. I dont have any problem shining my NBs up. They are tough at first until you get a few good layers on them. They are dull for a bit. But a few days and a few coats and they shine nice.

Oh, and make sure to get the dri-fit V neck sleevless t's that you can find on line. They are awesome.

I personally also prefer the noose style lanyard to the smitty. I just get paranoid the smitty is going to come off. I had it happen once while I was tying a shoe before coming out to the court. Maybe I overreacted but I just didnt feel I could trust it. The problem is also perhaps with my clip. I could get a better one. Maybe I will revisit it this year. But I do like the noose style lanyard.

Good luck!

Clark