View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 06, 2005, 11:49pm
Official Forum Member

In my opinion, plays 1 and 2 never happened cuz those penalties should have killed the clock before they ever really started. Bob had a great point, and even if A didn't get an advantage, one of the teams will benifit if you let the play go. No matter what happens, someone would come out ahead. The coach may not be happy, but I think he'll understand.

Play 3 is different cuz it is a live ball foul. You have two choices, let it go, talk about it and don't let it happen again. Probably telling the coach, "we never got the correct count, so we had no flag," or drop it and tell the coach, "we should have had a flag earlier, but it wasn't dropped, we have a late flag now, but it is the correct call." I am not going to lie to the coach, so if we had the count, but didn't have a flag down, I'm laying one down and will personally go talk to him. I am the R, but if we have a screw up, which needs to be addressed with the coach, I will do the talking personally, or accompany the covering official if he wishes to explain it to the coach.