View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 06, 2005, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Quote:
Two questions for you all.
Ok, let's take em one at a time...

Quote:
1. What do you think? For those of us who have only been doing FED rules and no club ball, how hard do you think the adjustment will be because of the addition of the libero?
It depends on how much effort you are willing to make to learn the dos/don'ts with respect to the libero position. Once you get into a comfort zone with the rule, it really isn't that hard to manage. Honest.

But if an official is not willing to learn about the position, be prepared to get harrassed by coaches who just may know better.

Jan and I, among others, have worked with the libero position for years. If you have a question, ask us. We don't bite.

Quote:
2. I was watching NCAA ball on TV recently. The rules for libero in NCAA "seemed" to be different to me than Fed. but this is still new to me. Am I correct in this?
As Jan indicated, other than the libero serving, the NCAA rule is pretty much in line with NFHS/USAV. The only other difference is that the NCAA is more specific as to allowable libero jersey language than the other rulesets.
PAVO National Referee / Certified Line Judge/Scorer
WIAA/IHSA Volleyball Referee