View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 10:54am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by ljudge
JugRef, I wasn't going to reply to this because you need to do what you want to do and it's your business, not mine. But have you considered what a distraction this might be for the on-field officials? I mean they're trying to administer a game with someone talking to them - as if the coaches weren't enough. We have evaluators too but they meet with the entire crew immediately at halftime while things are fresh in our heads and again at the end of the game. Why wouldn't that work?
I have thought about all aspects of the two-way communications. Thank you for mentioning your thoughts, all the same. I do think it is still a great idea. All the people in my local association know enough to not talk at the wrong times. I would still generate an FAQ on how use the system, though.

The other way of using the system is to have a seasoned official wear the device, and the receiver is hooked up to an audience so that they all may listen while the game is going on. Even having a camcorder with a similar angle to that of the officials'. He could then talk throughout each play.