View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 02, 2005, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Ejection

Befoe you eject someone you should know youir situation, For example, the last idiot that came out to argue a judgement call I simply told him "Look, my wife ain't here and your wife ain't here to bit*h at us, do you want to go home so she can?" He turned & walked back to the dug out, never heard another word.

My experiance is that it is better to keep a coach in the dug out than run him out. Obviously some deserve it, but sometimes it's best to keep him there. He may be the only tool you have for keeping the game moving and civilized. Why create more issues?

This happened a few years ago. I heard a bench yapping about my partners strike zone, he wanted to run people and ask my opinion. I told they had a good point and to become consistant, get in the slot, keep your head up, see the pitch into the glove and slow down his timing. (BTW, he was calling strikes outside in the dirt). He did not take my advice and now I hear he is hell in blue doing little league. He sank to his level of ability.

[Edited by EMD on Jun 2nd, 2005 at 06:15 PM]