View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 02, 2005, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser

Unless 3appleshigh closed the balk thread, I don't see the point. What's wrong with leaving it open?

Rich I agree and IMO and even though I am joining late, to me this type of thread falls under the category of umpire consistency and the real answer lies in the association one belongs to.

In addition, we get on coaches sometimes but this type of thread could drive a coach crazy.

Example: Assume a Double Header between the same 2 teams and to get my point across I will also assume that there will be one crew for the first game and another crew for the second game.

You and I have the front end of the Double Dip, F1 does what he did as proposed in the original thread and both you and I balk him.

Next game there is a different crew doing the game. F1 does the SAME EXACT thing only this time nothing is called.

IMO that's the REAL issue with these types of threads where there doesn't seem to be a difinitive answer. My advice would be to bring these kinds of issues up at the interpretation meetings in one's association so that there can be some consistency from game to game.

Pete Booth