View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 02, 2005, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

Had to eject this week myself

I had a game that was a $#itkicking, top of 4 2 out team behind buy 10, close play at first, great job by the 1st baseman to catch the ball, I bang the runner, both runner and 1st base have a small comment nothing big. Partner calls me in to discuss something, and 3rd base coach is heading to 1st base dugout, from between 3rd base line and mound, he yells, I'd like to see that replay, I said, nope, he got'em coach. He has some other things to say expressing his displeasure, someone on the bench is yelling about the horrible call at 1st and the horrible strike zone, and on and on. As the 3rd base coach reaches the 1st base line I say OK That's Enough, he stops and walks to the dugout, The other guy is still yapping, I now turn to the dugout, and see asst bench coach yapping, I say, Do you not understand That's Enough? and turn back, it appears that he doesn't caus he wants to keep yapping, saying These guys are rediculous, ok boys you're getting no help today, there was no one on the bench but coaches and the comments were said to the players, loud enough for them all to here, I turn and chuck Mr asst.

He lollygags and has to be told to hurry up, no Head coach (3rd Base)comes out and calls me over and says to DOn't embarrass us! He is a teach and said it to me as though I was his grade nine hall monitor. I tod him they wanted to embarrass me and my partner they get what they deserve. He says well you definition of embarrass is different from mine. It amazes me that coachs don't think that yelling across the feild and gesturing at the umps, and impuning thier integrity is embarrassing them. But should you throw out a coach from 10 feet away and expect them to move in a semi hurried manner, you are embarrassing them. Unreal.

P.S. Looking back I'm not sure I should have said the "do you understand that's enough", I didn't mind another warning, but do you think the language I used was inappropriate??