View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 01, 2005, 08:30pm
Official Forum Member

"Wow, that's one hell of an "acceptance." The truth is, you're not "accepting" the Evans ruling. You're arguing with it, challenging it, ridiculing it, and LOL'ing all over the place with it. And all that tells me is, you simply don't get it."

Unfortunately Dave, most people here didn't get it before, don't get it now and still won't accept it.

It's real simple. The term backward off means just that, backward and off. That is why Mr. Evan's called the raising the knee to the chest move illegal. It is not a proper disengagement according to the rules and is done for one purpose, to deceive the runner. There is no other legitimate reason to do it.

Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates