View Single Post
Old Tue May 31, 2005, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

I'm with North Country Region. The staff members are great and extremely knowledgable, like years and years worth of history. I totally support them.

Well you see, I think,...,Since I upset a few other coaches by being a more competent new comer in the arena, a few had already made such dramas about how they were victimized as the officiating team being badger by rules interpretations and pointing out their iniquities. Well, because their focus is competitive and winning with unfair practices is part of their arsenal. In truth just because they lost a prior match to my girls, they shouldn't seek revenge in the form of officiating (mainly speaking of the coaches).

Many times my players were subjugated by their tactics, but I try my best to pull them through and have them concentrate on their game. As a player, I would destroy my opponents with sheer power and velocity, but my girls do not posses the caliber of mobility, agility, nor ability that fuels my bloodlust. Nor would I ever choose to project that out of self ego. I encourage them to dig deeper and find that competitive adaptability to overcome their opponents. I motivate them with self goals that align that of the team goals. In truth, I had little to do, when they went and did a 180 to mop the floor with the teams that were preying on them in the previous pool plays. That's why, we were subjugated to bad officiating immediately following, in the very next pool play of our league. Everyone were upset, that were losing, to our little club with our short players. You know it's really bad when the officiating team attempts three times to foul your team with out of rotation in one game, by rushing the service while your team were not ready in position to recieve, using the wrong line up, and saying that your server is incorrect because the libero replace the server. Pretty soon they run out of ideas, and become frustrated at themselves. At which point the score board has become all fouled up after that and the damage was done. Somehow I still end up being the bad guy and they were the victims. Go figure!

I applaude my girls by not perpetuating the same behavior. I told them, we'll show them how officaiting is done by the rules for both sides. On top of that, we'll do the most professional job at it. Otherwise, I could be tooting my whistle almost everytime and no play actions would really commence. I let them play becuase the parents seem to enjoy it more that way. On top of that, I can discern if the other coaches really has some tact in strategizing.

Long story, no easy solutions. The region does try their best to promote fair play by the rules, but you can't police everyone all the time. I don't know if it is common practice that these things happens, becuase I don't see other coaches challenging a clearly bad call, Like when a line judge calls out even before the ball made contact with the floor inbounds by two feet. Even inexperience certified officials don't listen to the more experience ones, like when they decided to toot the whistle to make a call before the ball had contacted the floor whereas no one on the officiating team saw where it landed. I clearly observe out of bounds as a spectator, but the official refused to call a replay and decided that it was inbounds when the whistle was blown. Honestly I thought I was the weak link, since I am the rookie. My observations is proof to myself, that may not be the case. So all I have to do now is legit myself with more exposure, gain some more experience with some of the courtesies of the sport, and a few certifications. Yep, my experience would have scared any other coach away.