View Single Post
Old Tue May 31, 2005, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Yes, it's always great to have a site director who understands the frustrations that goes along with bad officiating on purpose. That really destroys the moral of a lot of good teams. Unfortunately, I'm not so lucky as to have site directors who are so flexible, nor are we such a club that can afford refs with USA Volleyball knowledge. Many of which are familiar with NFHS and they carry that over (same goes to most of the coaches). So at the same notion, filling out the comment section at the end of the match is of little value to us. There's no action to address that problem in the first place, so there won't be an attempt to redress the problem later. Still I will continue to request that the officiation be conducted by a team from a different pool or a different tourney bracket. That's seems to be the most fair way in our club situation, not as the most expediant way.

As always, I'd wish there would be an impartial official waiting on standby, ready to step in and replace someone hosing a team because of their status quo. I have no problems discussing plays with other coaches, but many of them insist that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Only once did, I have another coach asked for a rule interpretation, and I was happy to explain it. Just as the answere was already discussed in the forum already. Bravo! Kudos!