View Single Post
Old Tue May 31, 2005, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mattmets
On the topic of personal attacks, a few times this year I've had coaches say "you cost us that one, blue" or "thats three, blue"....i've had doubts about whether i should dump them, but i've decided against it because they've simmered down as the game goes on. i'm 18, and this is my first full summer working games. i'm trying not to have a reputation as a hothead, but these coaches need to learn they can't walk on me. what would you advise me to do in the situation i said with what the coaches said to me? am i right for saving them, or is it put up or shut up time for me to make this decision? thanks a lot for any help.
I'm assuming this is "chirping from the dugout". Try this approach: I'm also assuming this is the Head Coach and that he is coaching third. Between innings go to a spot where he has to walk past you and have a conversation concerning this issue (make sure only you and he can hear what is said) and flat out tell him if he doesn't knock it off he'll watch the rest of the game from the parking lot. If you do this be prepared to follow through. If it's bench personnel take the same approach only tell him: Coach either you get your bench under control or I will. And you know what happens if I have to take control.