View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 12, 2001, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Ref42
After reading the reaction with regards to the IAABO software provided in a recent post, it appears to me that there are some individuals out there that have negative conotations to the IAABO organization. Why is this?

For me, yes I am an IAABO member, but that's because my state (Maryland) for all intent purposes is dominated by IAABO boards and if want to officiate basketball, you join an IAABO board. So for me there was no other way. Now granted the IAABO offices are located in Germantown, MD and it would seem rather odd if the state wasn't majority IAABO. There has been one break-off board recently in the Southern Maryland area which broke off of an existing IAABO board and is not IAABO, and there is also the Baltimore area girls ball done by a non-IAABO board, but other than that, IAABO controls the State of Maryland. Let me also note both Washington, DC and Northern Virginia are both IAABO areas.

For others, what is the benefit of not being IAABO or maybe you have experienced both by being IAABO and Not IAABO and can eloborate on your expeirence?

To me it doesn't matter if you are or not, I would just like to know the differences and the benefits from the differences as here in Maryland we really do not know anything else? Thanks in advance for your replies!