View Single Post
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 03:40am
Official Forum Member

Thanks again for your thoughts. Chris is still in ICU but awake and alert. The stroke has left him with very little control over his arms and legs and no speach.. but what movement he does have lets us know that he is understanding speach from us. He is able to get all of his limbs to move a little, at least to twitch, and today he was able to lift his right arm and move his right leg a bit (stroke was on left side of brain). He is able to give us small nods and make a thumbs up signal from time to time.

While all of that sounds pretty bad (and is) the good news is that with a lot of hard work in rehab, he should be able to recover. He has youth and good prior health going for him. No summer "vacation" for this kid!

I have confidence he will make it.

In the meantime, I have started working games again. The two to four hours I go to the ballpark really has helped me keep my sanity. Not to mention "talking shop" on this board and others (fortunatly the hospital has a PC set up with internet access for families in the Kids ICU).

Have a great season, everybody!
Ernie