View Single Post
Old Thu May 26, 2005, 12:35pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
With Nike world headquarters here in Portland, sponsorship is usually not a problem.
Juulie - you know better than that. Nike is in Beaverton, not Portland. For those of us smart enough to live in the suburbs, this is a big distinction.

Guys - here's what the legislators are thinking about (yes - occasionally they actually think): it used to be that any kid could participate in a HS sport at no additional cost. Now, there is frequently a charge to the kid to participate. If costs keep going up and revenue stays neutral or goes down, only "rich" kids will be able to participate. Eventually, using the same path of logic, sports will eventually disappear altogether due to cost.

Personally, I have no problem at all with a corporate logo on a uniform if it means sports programs can continue to operate and virtually any kid can participate if he or she is good enough regardless of family income (or lack thereof). I really don't see any difference between that and logos on scoreboards and/or in programs.