View Single Post
Old Thu May 26, 2005, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

I don't think I really have a big issue with selling space on the uniform, however the Fed may disagree. If they don't want it then that's also fine with me. If permitted, there would be so many guidelines that would need to be considered and because of that, it might be tooooo much to deal with as salespeople and the companies would be looking for loopholes to get around it. Ex: alcahol or tobacco companies, condom companies, RX companies, goldenpalace.com, just to name a few. I doubt they will want to deal with all that.

Some of these have been mentioned but here are some other options: scoreboard space, programs/rosters, backs of chairs, towels, warmups, banners, scorers table. Another idea is why not have corporate sponsors night. The first 300 people in the gym will get a t-shirt with the sponsors message on it. Fans will probably wear it that night and then out in public after that for a year or 2. Plus, the sponsor could set up a demo tent where they could showcase their wares. This would help in many ways because it could be incorporated in their advertising which would drive fans to the gate which will increase consessions. Could be a great marketing opportunity for small local businesses. ??