View Single Post
Old Wed May 25, 2005, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Of course I'm not going to balk a kid at 6". Not at 12" either. What I'm looking for is his knee coming parallel with his waist. To lift you leg up that high is 18" at least.

At that point, if he hasn't stepped backward and isn't coming down, balk.

Quote:
Originally posted by cbfoulds
Still Bravo Sierra, K.
The only thing the J/R quote adds to the mix is the "without interruption or hesitation" part, and that has been presumed all along. If F1 lifts EITHER foot and "hangs" it up in the air [with nothing else moving], it's a balk. Doesn't matter how high he lifts it in that case either.

If the leg/foot keeps moving [up, and then down and back (or back and down)] in this case, he's all good. SURELY you are not gonna balk F1 if he lifts his pivot foot 6 inches [or less!] straight up to step back, instead of in a perfect 45* angled path?
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates