View Single Post
Old Tue May 24, 2005, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

A couple weeks ago, I took two direct hits on my Honigs single bar light weight mask in a HS 4A game. Both were fastballs. One was fouled straight back to my mask. It jumped completely off my head and landed at my feet. I looked down at it and said "FOUL" real loud. The next one was not touched, by batter or catcher, it went straight from pitcher's hand to my mask, and I was locked in so I saw it all the way to the mask. It knocked it completely off my head also and as I reached down to pick it up I asked the catcher if that was the best he could do. He said it was curveball and I told him he might have been expecting a curve ball but that one did not curve. It was a very good 2-1 game in 1 hour and 20 minutes. Neither of these shots to the mask hurt much. I am sstisfied with my Honigs single bar. Actually, I have two of them, one is a red bar I use when wearing the dark blue shirt with red trim and the other is black bar I use with the powder blue or cream shirt. Both have doeskin pads.