Thread: Pro School
View Single Post
Old Sun May 22, 2005, 09:51am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by johnSandlin
I have never been to either of the pro schools, but I know they both do a tremendous job at preparing you for PBUC's course after umpiring.

As a previous poster already stated..."if you are good enough, .....you are good enough."

If I have to choose though between the two schools, I would go to Harry's school in a heartbeat. The reason being very simple was the experience I had the first time around I inquired to both schools for information in considering which one to attend.

I emailed both schools. Like a week later, I recieved a package in the mail from Jim's school with the forms, a brochure on the school, and then a video tape as well to watch, which went through a quick overview of the school.

A couple of days later, I recieved a phone call in the afternoon. It was Harry Wendlestedt calling me to personally answer my questions for me about his school that I may have had.

Since that phone call, I have pretty much decided that if I ever go umpiring school, that I would go Harry's school in Florida.
You get a free video describing the school and you see this as a negative?