Thread: Umpire Courtesy
View Single Post
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

and that's exactly what happened last night...this umpire went out to my pitcher on her warm up before the 3rd inning and said she looked up in the rule book and that she couldn't pitch the way she was pitching because she was going past her hip too many times....I just happended to look up to see it when it was all over and saw the discusted look on my pitcher's face and went out and asked what was going on.....I just told my pitcher to continue doing as she has always done and I would handle it. After that inning was over as I was headed out to first base, I past by home plate and KINDLY told her that next time she had a problem with the way my pitcher was pitching to please run it by me before trying to teach her a differnt movement...that's when the ump got all blown up and yelled at me "I don't have to tell you NOTHING....I've played ball my entire life and played in tournaments my entire life and I know those umpires go out and tell those girls whatever they want to. I don't have to tell you as her coach anything"..... I just shook my head and walked away.....and she wonders why she didn't make it to college ball!!! Attitude!! Attitude!!! Attitude!!!