Thread: Davis Stance
View Single Post
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Kaliix:

Tee,
Your probably right. Not that that means a thing. I can see why umpires like the Davis stance. It just didn't work for me. There are pro's and con's to it, just like there are to everything in life. And that was all I was trying to point out.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
Two points:

Something whicih has no value to the thread first:

I think the percentage of MLB umpires that use the Davis stance is probably equal to the percentage of MLB umires that wear the hockey helmet.

The point being is that both are minorities.

Second point, is that as you move deeper with the Davis stance you must work with a higher head height.

You say physics I say "angle" . . . as you move more deep you, by neccessity, need to work higher to compensate.

Look for my upcoming article on this website about other difficulties I have face when working the Davis Stance.
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates