View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 03, 2001, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BOBBYMO
Please understand the game...If this isn't called: the player will come after them even harder and harder untill the foul is called.That is when players get hurt!!!! We are hired to work the game: no matter how long it takes. You said that it was still a three point game. Anything can happen at this point...If you think that they were making an effort to stop the clock...please give them the foul before sombody gets hurt.

Bobby - I say to you, please understand the game. When did intent become a foul? The only time you penalize intent is if someone takes a swing at someone else.

You will need to watch for esclation in this sitch, but if there was no advantage gained, you create a disadvantage by calling the foul. Calling this nickel-dimer would take two points off the board for A and stop the clock for B letting them set back up. Congrats you just made yourself part of the game.

Hold your fox, watch the whole play through, and then determine if you need to call something. In this case a "no-call" is the best call, becuase there was no foul.

My guess is if B was fast enough to actually foul A it would have been an intentional (Just my gut based on the description of the play).