View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 01, 2001, 07:29pm
Official Forum Member

I'm careful about fouls. If these are not called, the game can get out of hand and UGLY! I've seen such from the stands. However, I will let the little ones go on the losers, and be a little more strict on the theam that's ahead, especially if generated by stupid play.

As for violations, I make very liberal changes there. This is especially true for young kids. I had such a game with 5th-grade girls once. The score was something like 25-3 late in the game. The "3" rebounded a missed shot and walked OOB for the throw in. I rushed over and said something like "No no, just go down the court" as I shewed them like a flock of birds or something. The girls just obeyed and thought nothing of it. The parents praised me for having a good perspective on the game. BTW, with a 18-3 or so half-time score you can guess who in-bounded the ball for Q3. It took several comments, however, to get the arrow changed during half-time so that it would match. They finally got the picture (and agreed). The team that was behind committed no violations!