View Single Post
Old Wed May 11, 2005, 10:40am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
The problem with that Dan is that there are different people on the committee than there was when the original interpretation was put out that "FOUL'EM" was considered "automatic." I do not feel that they are dismissing their previous ruling. I think different people are dealing with some different circumstances. I am sure this change was also made because there was a lot of conflict over the previous ruling. That is why they addressed it the way they did in my opinion.

Peace
Jeff, the committee exactly reversed itself, in a very short time, on a major issue.

Obviously the committee's membership changes but the members represent a single body and the least we can expect from a single body is consistency, or an acknowledgement that a prior interpretations is about to be reversed. They (the committee) made a very big deal out of this not too long ago, the least they could have done was acknowledge the ncaa's lead and use that as justification for their reversal.

To not do so makes them seem very arbitrary (that's a fancy way of saying it looks like they don't know what the hell they're doing) unless you've been following along very closely.

TigerBball posted:
I call my end of game fouling strategy "NC State" in honor of Jimmy V. I think Banana's would make my players laugh too much to foul.

Yeah, now you can scream "FOUL 'EM!!!" to your heart's content, but you'll need to teach your players how, when & who to foul!

[Edited by Dan_ref on May 11th, 2005 at 11:46 AM]