View Single Post
Old Tue May 10, 2005, 07:29pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by refTN
JR let me first say I am a very nice person and always pretty calm. But when you pretty much call out a guy who first of all knows for sure what he is talking about and then a guy real close to John Guthrie (if you don't know, he is the supervisor of officials for..... wait for it..... the SEC. I'm sorry if he is just following what he was told and taught to do, but I don't know he might not be listening too well because he is just a D-1 official so he definitely must not be doing something right.

Like I said earlier I somewhat disagree with this philosophy but you don't just use advantage/disadvantage for fouls, you use it for violations as well. Yes, the kid walked but he did not gain an advantage by using another pivot foot or hopping.

Sure everbody says your doing an injustice to the game, but you got to think, how many people came to see you blow that whistle, besides maybe your parents (oh isn't that so sweet), nobody, so reduce the amount of whistles by not blowing it about 20 times less in a game by not calling something that obviously gave the player NO ADVANTAGE, and let the flow of the game continue.
Did you ever think that the clip was posted for a reason? And the reason maybe was that the officials completely missed the call? And maybe somebody was trying to point that out as part of the learning process?

Who gives a damn about crap like "people not coming to see you blow that whistle". That's just the easy way outa admitting that you missed a call. Why not just sack up and admit it? They missed the damn call. There's not an official in the world that can say that that hasn't happened to them. End of story. No excuses. And saying that that no advantage was involved is a complete pile of crap too. The defense sure as hell was disadvantaged. They shoulda got the ball on a turnover and they didn't.

Sorry, but I'm awful leary of people that won't admit when they miss an obvious call- whether that person happens to be your idol or not.

Btw, I'm a nice guy too. I don't believe in bullsh*tting people though.