View Single Post
Old Tue May 10, 2005, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

Okay. The other night in a men's SP ASA game, I had the BR run through first base like you are supposed to on an ball hit in the infield. He turned towards the dugout (like you're supposed to)and then,he saw the ball bouncing off the fence. Keep in mind that he has turned and is about 6 ft in foul territory. He runs 4 steps towards 2B,then he sees that the C has backed the play up and has the ball about 10ft away from him.

The C walks over and tags him and I pump him out. Their whole team goes beserk hollering about how he never crossed the foul line to which I told him that he made an attempt to go to 2B therefore he was out.

I then told all of the players that had come out of the dugout to get back in,get their gloves,and hit the field.I could have ejected a few of them but it was a close game and I wanted to decide it on the field.One of the players said on the way out,"He missed it. he missed it. Let's just move on." The BR walked up to me and said,"I'm gonna look that rule up to check it myself." I said,Go ahead."

Here's the situation......I've got this same team tonight. Should I pull the BR aside or the coach to show them the rule in the rule book? I don't want to do it in an"I told you so " manner-I just want them to see it in print if they didn't take the time to look it up or should I let it go unless they say something to me?