View Single Post
Old Mon May 09, 2005, 10:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ABoselli
That's pretty shocking to me that Long Island schools won't spring for 5 guys. It can't be a money issue, can it?

Chicken, egg and contract. Not enough good officials. How come those football guys make so much.

Quote:

I was just in Merrick and Oceanside last month - it aint cheap. It seems like Long Island has become a extension of NYC price-wise.

Every time I go to LI, they seem to have squeezed more people in there. Yikes, it's crowded.
Next time you are in Merrick, stop by my house. I can't think of anywhere else in the nation where .2 acre "in the burbs" would cost you 1/2 million dollars but Long Island. Just saw a 1/4 acre lot where they built three houses.

Quote:

By the way, Sections IV, V and VI are 5 man (unless there are leagues within them I don't know about who are still going with four).
Have to think coaches are going to clinics and reading about complicated passing offenses. Then, putting them into their playbook. Take a coach who has been coaching football for 10 years and I bet his offensive scheme has become more complicated. Yet, if there are still four officials on the field the officiating has not been able to keep up.