Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
The situation as described could fall under simultaneous fouls.

BZ, not to sound snooty, but if you read the whole thread, the situation as described is a simultaneous foul situation. The personal and technical occur at the same time. So the question is how we administer this.

Quote:
If you judge that the personal and technical happened at the same time it would be POI under simultaneous fouls.
That is precisely what is vague. Do a personal foul plus a technical foul at the same time equal a simultaneous foul? I don't think it's all that cut-and-dried in the rules. And the casebook doesn't help, b/c the only case they give us for simultaneous fouls describes two personal fouls; not one of each.

I have no dog in this fight. I don't really care which way it gets resolved. I'm just saying it needs to be resolved, b/c it's not clear in the rules.
Like I said in my first post, who did A1 disrespectfully address?

Was it B1, the official, another player, the bench, etc?

Was A1 reacting to B1's foul, the official based on B1's foul or did they just spontaneously have a bout of tourettes?

If A1 is saying, "Get the F off me or call the Fing foul," as you are calling the foul I can see arguments both for and against this being simultaneous.

As MTD is know to say, very seldom does the whistle cause the ball to become dead.

It is very possible that the foul occurred first and the official and A1 reacted simultaneously.
This is all getting kinda silly. There is no reason to let A1 get a 'free shot' in what amounts to a twice in a lifetime play because of some vagueness in the rules.

If A1 screams "Call the f'ing foul!" as I pass on some contact then for sure there's only going to be 1 foul, and I doubt it's going against B1.

If A1 screams "Get the f off of me!" as B1 fouls then I'm taking A1's T as a separate action and we're throwing as many FT's as needed for B1's & A1's fouls, then either go POI (ncaa) or B's ball (fed).