View Single Post
Old Mon May 09, 2005, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I'm not sure if it's all that clear after reading the summary of penalties on pg. 67 of the FED rulebook. It says no FTs for simultaneous personal or technical fouls by opponents. This suggests to me that there are no FTs if all of the simultaneous fouls are of the same type. IOW, it sounds to me like there are no FTs when simultaneous personal fouls are committed or when simultaneous technical fouls are committed. Otherwise why specify "personal or technical"? What else is there?

So if the fouls are of different types, maybe you shoot all the FTs and award the ball to the team that did not commit the technical foul.

If I'm reading too much into it, then it just means no FTs for any simultaneous fouls, and just go to the arrow. The case book only gives an example of simultaneous personals.
I think the book is ambiguous at best and your explanation could be a pefectly valid interp. I was leaning the other way...no FTs and go to the arrow.

The definition and the note attached to the definition, however, do seem to suggest that the writers of the simultaneous foul rule only comprehended two fouls of the same type (both personal or both technical).