View Single Post
Old Mon May 09, 2005, 08:38am
Official Forum Member

Wow, what an amazing week-end of softball. Locally we had good HS ball (25 inning, 37 strike-out performance by the winning pitcher), College conference tournament being played in our city. And then what I personnaly witnessed, softball tournament for possible advancement in summer travel championship (qualifier)...10 & under, bottom half of the inning in what is basically an extra innning as the clock has run out...two runners on base, batter has ball pitcher to her and it appears to have possibly hit her but with catcher reaching for it, batter doing a dance to get out of the way and the home plate umpire doing his dance, as he has been getting beat up pretty good for the whole game he fails to see it, batter prepares for next pitch, umpire is getting set for next pitch....batter then looks back and says..."that ball hit me....the umpire removes his mask and repeats to the batter "sweetie, did that ball hit you?" batter says "yes" and the the AMAZEMENT of all watching...he awards the batter first base ! I'm not here to "knock" my own kind, BUT, come'on "don't call what you don't see ! and for heavens sake don't ask the player....next thing you know somebody be asking the coach on the bucket if it was a strike ! Whewwwww, I feel better!