Thread: Bill length
View Single Post
Old Sun May 08, 2005, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

I tried out one of those All-Star MVP 2200's a few weeks ago. I got one brand new on ebay for $49.95. Best money I ever spent on a piece of gear. The view is absolutely amazing. I don't feel boxed in or have tunnel vision. Not that I felt that way in a mask. That was until I put on the hockey style helmet and then tried to go back to the mask for a game. Couldn't do it.

The bars on the All-Star are slightly wider apart then on the regular mask which means better view. I can't see the sides of the hockey style helment unless I try which equals unbelievable peripheral vision.

And the best part, no hat to worry about.

I let a friend of mine try it during our second game when he was behind the plate. His quote, "That's the best piece of equipment I've used in twenty years and that includes basketball and football! I can't believe the view!"

I thought for sure not wearing a hat on the field would bother me. Nope. And I'll never go back to the mask...
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates