Thread: Protest ???
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 27, 2001, 07:48pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Mike...........Us..........call you anal?????

I'm shocked.....

If I were in a league that perceived themselves as "by the book".......I would follow your advice and the CORRECT interpretation of the situation.

If it were an ASA 12U league team or a D church league team.......I would explain the rule and move forward.......(as long as both coaches agreed)

The problem with this post was that the protester never explained what was protested? Did they want a BOO or an ineligble sub or an illegal sub?

As an umpire I would make darn sure that the protesting manager made it perfectly clear what infraction of the rules he was protesting.

Simply saying ....... I don't think that a protest citing an "illegal line-up card" would be upheld.

You as well as I know that there is no such thing and players may be added as they show up to the game.

If the manager was such an a$$ in a Rec game that he wanted to protest such a minor infraction...........I am NOT going to help him by pointing out the rule that he wishes to protest.

As I originally stated.........an unreported sub was a possibility...........but I would have a hard time enforcing it in a league game.

Maybe I am way off base..........but because this was an "AA" game......(grin) .......I might cut them even a bit more slack.....

Joel

ps......I may have my first "AA" game this Monday.......I'll get back to you with more details.......

Joel

[Edited by Gulf Coast Blue on Jul 27th, 2001 at 07:52 PM]