View Single Post
Old Sun May 08, 2005, 02:12am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
I would like to see Oklahoma do something different. Each coach is supposed to fill out evals on the officals and send them to the state. We have 3 levels of ratings for officials, U, R and C. Our test scores, meetings/clinics attended, the number of evals we get back from the coaches and the scores of those evals are used to determine those ratings. We need something like 7 evals turned in to have a chance of going up to in rating. My second year of calling I did about 7 games (14 possible coaches ratings) and my 3rd and 4th year I did 9 games (18 possible). I don't know where I am at going into this year but I have not been able to move up from a U (uncertified) rating after my second or 3rd years because I have not been able to get enough coaches to turn in their ratings. I go to all my meetings and have scored no lower than a 95 on my tests. So this is the only thing holding me back. It really is frustrating the hell out of me as like most officials I wants to move up and feel I cannot because of it. I am to the point that I am ready to give up football and switch over to fall baseball and fast pitch softball.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.