View Single Post
Old Fri May 06, 2005, 01:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by IUgrad92
Quote from JRutledge:

>That is just crap. Shaq and Tim Duncan foul out a lot. These are two of the best big men in the >game and they foul out in big games and when the spotlight is the brightest.

Actual statistics brought to light...........Shaq fouled out 4 times this year, in 73 games. Tim Duncan did not foul out at all, in 66 games.

Yep, these guys are fouling out left and right! What an outrage!!!!!!!!!!

I did not say left and right. You said that officials pass on fouls because they are starts. Remember this is your claim, not mine. Shaq and Duncan are either one or two with most fouls on their respective teams. So if they are not fouling out, no one on their team is fouling out. I would also assume that because these players are on some of the best teams, they are not playing at the end of blowouts.

Where is your proof? You cannot have it both ways. Prove that the scrubs are getting more fouls. Remember, this is your claim not mine. You are the one saying that the NBA officials purposely do not call fouls on superstars. Even if I am wrong about how many times they foul out, how many times is that compared to others on their teams and what other players are doing around the league? You cannot just show their numbers and not compare other teams and other players. And even if you compare other players, you better include comparable teams. I bet there are Detroit Pistons that do not foul out very much. The better teams have better players and play smarter. Whether that is shot selection and percentage or how many fouls are committed.

Peace