View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 26, 2001, 01:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

TH, I think you guys are taking the comments way out of context. All I am saying is that this is not a record-breaking event. It is not like Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier, or the implementation of Title IX.
I'm not taking anything out of context. I'm just disagreeing with what you said.

No one is comparing two female officials working a game to Jackie Robinson. But for people who don't watch a lot of WNBA, it's unusual. Is it so bad that a first time poster would mention it? Sheesh! Get off the lady's back. There's no need to make her feel like idiot.

Quote:
And yes I have seen and all-Black crew in the NBA in both the reg. season and post season. Just like my earlier comments, it does not happen every but it does happen. Almost 1/3 of the NBA officials are Black. So I would think that at some point they would be a possibility that they would be a crew with all people of the same race other than those of the white color.
Well, I've never seen it. In fact, all white crews are pretty unusual. Not that it matters to me one way or another, but I believe the NBA purposely integrates crews.

Tell you what, the next time you see an all black crew working an NBA game, drop me an email. I'll tune it. If it's broadcast, I can get it.

[Edited by BktBallRef on Jul 26th, 2001 at 01:27 PM]

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith