View Single Post
Old Mon May 02, 2005, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Pre Game

I officiate HS in Indiana. We have to mention 2 things per the IHSAA during the pregame meeting. #1 "Coaches : are all of your players properly and leagally equiped?" #2 Coaches and players IHSAA maintains that we show good sportsmanship thruout this contest". We can vary these statements to some extent. As long as the setiment of the IHSAA is expressed and passed along to the players and coaches at the time of the pre-game meeting. My second statement is more along the lines of "Coaches due to IHSAA rules I must mention that all participants are expected to show and maintian a sportsmanship attitude and display of actions but since I know that this will not be a problem tonight lets have a good game and play ball". I am still mentioning the facts that IHSAA wants mentioned while also maintainng a feeling along with the coaches and players that I'm not going into this game with a preconcived notion that bad things are going to happen. We don't have any thing "official" to report unsportsmanship attitudes on, but a e-mail or phone call to the IHSAA is always welcomed and addressed as needed by the state.