Thread: Ouch!
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 30, 2005, 12:25am
Official Forum Member

Okay... I don't know what happened to the ball...
B3 up to bat... Pitch come in hard high and inside. The ball hits the batter's fingers/knuckles and rolls off toward first base. She did not swing at this pitch, she just try to lean back to get out of its way.. The bat was still on her shoulder..
Now this is the 4th batter to be hit by this same pitcher. The inning before, a batter was hit in the temple and carried off the field...
When this batter was hit, she just dropped the bat and stood there with her hands between her legs... I called time... Why?? I don't know, it just seemed like the thing to do at the moment.. Call it a moment of compassion... Call it a brain fart...
Anyway the offensive coach comes out to check out her player and so does the defensive coach to tell me that she should be out...
Neither my partner or I know what happened to the ball after I last saw it about one third the way down toward first. My gut feeling is that F1 or F3 just walk over and picked it up. I'm sure that I wasn't lucky enough to just have the ball rolled foul and I didn't see it go foul anyway...
After a brief meeting with my partner to see what she had, I ended up calling a strike on the batter and we played on... With the score 13 to zip there was a very short protest by the defensive (zip) coach but on we went anyway and B3 soon struck out...
I'm sure that there was nothing right about what I did with this play, but that's what happened... Comments welcome

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he could be gone every weekend.