Thread: Rebounding
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 29, 2005, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
M&M, I'm assuming you are saying the Trail could call this and not the C.

Either way I estimate this play was no more than four feet away from the Lead and directly in front of him. The player used both forearms/hands to push the upperback/neck/head. The whistle could be delayed all the way up to the player getting the rebound.
Actually, I did originally mean the C. Now, my point of reference is women's mechanics, so it may not apply to the men's side, but we are taught that C and T should watch for rebounding fouls. Also, if there are no immediate "competitive matchups" in your area, you can "expand" your area a little, which could mean the C calling a foul on the other side of the lane if there are no players on the C's side of the floor. Now, when I went back and watched it again, I saw the C had the shooter and defender in the corner, but once the shot was gone and the C watched the shooter back to the floor, the push had already happened. So, in this case, the call had to come from the L or T. It probably should have come the L, but I can see why he followed the ball. Also, the T might've been straight-lined on the push. The C would have the best angle on the call, if the push would've happened a split second later.

(Used with permission.)