View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 25, 2005, 05:26pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
[/B]
From a practical standpoint, I still think there are only two possibilities. One, have your talk with the timer, put 4.1 back on the clock, and take the ball out on the endline. Or, two, get together with your partner(s) and figure out how much time elapsed from the catch until the horn went off (don't forget the talk with the timer), take off the elapsed time, and put the ball in play where the horn went off. But there is no way I can justify putting the ball in play where the horn went off with the full 4.1 seconds. This may be one of those situations that separates the "Rulebook Ronnies" from the common-sense officials. Maybe there is roundabout justification, but I would rather be remembered for doing it "slightly wrong" and seemingly fair to both teams.

[/B][/QUOTE]Amen. You always have to remember that there are two teams on the court, and it's our job to be equally fair to both of them. Letting a team go 42 feet upcourt without taking any time at all off the clock is blatantly unfair to the defense.