View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 24, 2005, 05:43pm
Official Forum Member

OK mike.. thanks. I dont know, we've talked about D3K a million times but I didnt remember if this particular issue was resolved.

Quote:
Originally posted by SC Ump
Quote:
Originally posted by wadeintothem
Thats two blues in a row who would eject for that?
Nope. I didn't say that.

I am not sure I would eject her. Probably, but not definitely. I cannot think of a case where a rulebook on the field would not be a case of a coach trying to show the umpire up. I've been umpiring since 1989 and have never had a rule book brought out on me.

Innocent or not, I do know that I would not allow the discussion to happen with her having a rule book. If I thought it was just a mistake, I would immediately warn her and send her back to the dugout to put the book up. If she wants to discuss it without the rule book, I'm good with that.

BTW... I seem to remember this rule being discussed previously on this board and I believe the wording is planning to be changed.

Also, BTW... Do you really think she had never been on a ball field in her life and didn't understand this misprint? Or do you suspect that she might have been trying to pick boogers?
hmmm I dont know.. I didnt think about it in terms you guys are but it is a different perspective... I just figured it was a coach who didnt know the rules.. but with the caveat that at a minimum, they picked a rule book up.

Its possible they were trying to show me up but like I said I didnt think about it that way as I was more than sure that this was a nonstarter debate. Dunno if I need to get meaner or not I just dont take things in that way I guess unless their attitude makes it clear that is what they are trying to do. I know the D3K rule so any debate is done before it even begins.