View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 24, 2005, 08:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UMP25
But it sounds like in his scenario that R3 didn't "steal"; rather, he advanced to home as a result of the passed ball.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the fact that on catcher's interference, it's a delayed dead ball where if the batter-runner and all base runners advance a base, then said interference is disregarded. Here, the B-R swung for strike 3, the ball got away for a "dropped third strike," and R3 scored as a result. Disregard the interference and let the play stand: R3 scores and B-R is at first.
No I didn't miss that part of 6.08c however, I did miss the fact that "the ball got away for a "dropped third strike,"". There does remain some confusing on my part(based upon what is written), if the ball is delayed dead or not but, I think I can clear that up myself. However, making the assumption that it is delayed dead, and that the "play" that followed was the catcher retrieving the ball to make a tag on R3 or a throw on B1, and asuming that B1 was safe at first, then yes I will agree with your (Final Answer). But you do not become a Millionare.

Thanks