Thread: EMBARRASING!
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 23, 2005, 09:38pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

I had a couple elementary games early this morning that started off beeeeautifully....or not.

I entered the gym, and heading to the referees changeroom where I got changed into my uniform... eager to try out my new pants I had just recieved. When I was all done, I headed out to the gym and noticed my shoe was untied. I bent down to tie it and.... RIIIIIIIIIIIIIP! All down the seam in the butt. All the coaches I knew fairly well were there and shared a great laugh. After the useless suggestions from the men...staples and duct tape, we concluded that I couldn't do the game with them. They told me to go change into the pants I came in with. Which were Vintage brown/white/black checkered wool pants. I looked amazingly cool to say the least. haha. To make matters worst... I had a little girl (co-ed tournement) come up to me and tell me my "barn door was down" in front of the spectators. My barn door continued to stay down for the remain of the game until I finally took the duct tape idea from the coaches and convenors. That suckers then stayed shut! {don't worry I taped it from the inside,not that it would have really made a difference...

haha...but I did get complements on the pants and heard two little girls tell their mom " Mom... I like her! She the coolest ref!"

This is only my third year reffing but if I can laugh at myself now...things should only get better!