View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 23, 2005, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Curious
...a simple and basic alternative to staying focused on the task at hand and helping to deal with those emotional moments that can sometimes distract us while we are doing our job...

... BTW what's a koan???
In South Carolina, thars two kinds fer ice cream, sugar koans and waffle koans.

Actually, it's a philosophical riddle that budhist will use to assist in their meditation and clearing their mind, like "what is the sound of one hand clapping?"

Me personally, when I get into a 'discussion' with a coach, or if I miss a couple of close ones, I will concentrate on my mechanics just as you suggested in your original post. However, I usually focus on something (excuse the paradox) critical, but less meaningful. Am I the right distance from the call? Am I in a good set position? I find that if I concentrate on these things, my training will kick in. If I'm concentrating on what a jerk I think the coach is, I will definitely miss something.

By the way rhsc, I will also miss the call if I am concentrating on the good looking mom in the stands. (Okay, at my age, it's getting to be the good looking grandmas.)