View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 08:53pm
Official Forum Member

Had one tonight.. Varsity Local Rivalry

PU is good .. but apparently his son dates one of the players so he hoots it up big time with the fans and coach of the team and I feel fairly uncomfortable... but he called a good game. he's a good ump but he has an odd 3rd base mechanic.. he always take it and he wants to watch a runner at 2b. NP we covered it before the game but it throws me off when people invent their own stuff.

So I have an rec league ump who works for/with me playing on the other team .. she gets nailed at 3rd on a close extra base attempt... and I ring her up and I get the smile that i Know what she it thinking.. then she obstructs a steal to 3rd and I had had delayed signal up - she slowed the player up by a step at least .. and runner gets thrown out by a step.. I say obs - safe. I get the look again. I'll hear about those two from her father (since I could hear him yelling in that background) and probably even her at a date to be determined.

Close play at 1b.. but F3 dropped the ball and picked it up - I sell safe.. wasnt picked up in time.. anyway if you want an out on a close one at 1b .. field it clean. Whole crowd is yelling "she picked it up" .. yeah no crap.. she dropped it and the runner hit the base... and she picked it up. I'm not giving that out. Catch the ball.

Runner from team tries to steal 2nd, they nail her with F6 taking the throw.. Coach wants interference on f4... Interference... argues for it big time.. It didnt happen (OBS) and coach is wanting the wrong thing. I thought of mike rowe and almost felt like giving it to her.. but not sure what I would have done with no one on base anymore.

one of them games..

Several close plays.. I sure was happy on the few plays at 1b that were easy...

PU had a few too.. coach wanting a slapper out on a step out of box and hit the ball call.. but I couldnt tell where the batter was and PU said wastn out of box.

[Edited by wadeintothem on Apr 22nd, 2005 at 09:55 PM]