View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Sure,

Since I have been labeled "The Arch Enemy of Little League Baseball" by the editor of this webpage I feel I have a right to express my point.

1) There are just as many people here who attack FEDlandia rules.

2) The "official" Little League Baseball people take the stand that unpaid volunteer umpires are equal to paid "certified" (insert "patched", or "bonded" or what ever your local area calls them).

3) LL umpires are vastly undertrained by the mass. This comes from little to no organization of areas (sure some locals try to train and that is great).

4) Andy Konyar is a twit. By using poorly qualified umpires for their largest and most visable set of games he continues to embarrass the great umpires that work in the regionals that will never get to Williamsport.

5) Parents are idiots.

6) Little League umpires (if what ever age the work) come to umpire website and act as if they know what should happen in "real" baseball games.

7) Little League umpires brush off the pitcher's plate, wear ball bags and fanny packs when umpiring the bases.

8) Working games with the tossing of "Red Flags", no leading off and Danny Almonte end it as a source of umpire training.

9) EDIT ADD: And in closing, I will continue to post anything I want at any time. There is no rule that any poster has to be respectful of any type baseball. Every year at this time we are hit heavily by the FEDERATION seasona nd the start-up of the wonderful Little league season.I will continue to criticize any type baseball or baseball umpires that I think need it.

And don't even get me started about requiring umpires to dance with mascots.

Little League baseball is great . . .

It is great as long it is played in small towns, side yards and cow pastures . . . without grownup interruptions and every parent thinking their child is the next A-Rod.

Little League is a travesty. For that I am sorry.

[Edited by Tim C on Apr 22nd, 2005 at 04:13 PM]