View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

Why do most people smash LL baseball on this site?

I assumed LL was just another set of rules in which to play the game by. Closer to OBR than FED,IMO. Or am I wrong?

There is junior/senior ball as well as big league ball played by players from 13-19. What makes calling FED ball so much better than any other ball? Is it because most officials here call under those set of rules and believe they are better than those who call under other sets?

I personally called FED for 3 years in Florida, two years in Colorado and am now in my 3rd year of calling ball under LL rules for a private league in Germany where I am the UIC of the league and rules interpreter for 4 regions.(I am not tooting my horn, just a little background) I take calling baseball under any set of rules a personal challenge and do my best to be the best official I can be, and being a member of this site assists me greatly in doing that,PLUG.

I read the rulebook daily and have been coming to this site for several years, and feel I am knowledgeable in various rule sets.(Admittingly confusing at times)

Some on this site talk about LL as though it is a doormat.

My question is why?

Am I on the wrong site, or is this officiating.com?

When I click onto this page, it says baseball, not FED ball!

I don't remember signing up for FED officiating.com.

Enlighten me please!