View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 19, 2005, 03:14pm
Small Business Owner

JDLJ-

The "swinging gate", the "lob pass from kick formation", and the "bumarookskie" are all designed football plays.

In the situation we are addressing the "action" prior to the snap is specifically designed to deceive the defense into thinking the snap is not imminent! That is why it is an "Illegal action".

Was their an illegal formation? No
Was their an illegal shift? No
Was their a substitition infraction? No

You seem to think that bacause the quarterback did not "call out any misleading comments to the other backs to get them to come in to the mini-huddle the activity is legal. Your thinking is incorrect as the wording in the case book clarly refers to actions or verbage.

I don't know if you will admit to it or not but the intent of the entire action we are discussing is to decieve the defense into believing the snap is not imminent.
You know it, I know it, both coaches know it, and the little old wrikled-up prune-faced man walking the visitors sideline knows it.
The ruling then is simple: UC - 15 yards

If you still disagree, could you please provide me with a better an example of CASE BOOK 9.9.3 COMMENT that does not involve any verbage!

Thank you