View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 15, 2005, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

I had a game a few years ago That brought some chuckels. It was part way through the 2nd quarter. I was a wing official and the team with the ball ran a pass play. I read my blocks and was moving down field with the reciever and defender. I was keeping a close eye on the action between the two players in my zone. The QB passed the ball into my area. I turned to spot the ball in time to see the QB had thrown the ball to me. It looked like it was inches from my face. I ducked to avoid the contact and my feet got tangled up. I ended up falling to the grass and getting the ugly grass stain on my white pants. As I was getting up, one of the players came off the sideline to see if I needed help. That just added more fuel to the fire for the rest of the crew that was already having a good laugh.
To top it all off, on the evening sports coverage, they showed the play and made a joke out of the pass atempt to the official. They showed me going down in slow motion. It was the closest the QB came all night to completing a pass.