View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 14, 2005, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
I have PC on both and I agree with tomegun that the second one is closer to a block.

In the second the contact is not THROUGH the torso it is glancing contact. The defender timed his landing and loaded up to go down, it was 60% PC and 40% flop, IMO.

Had the dribbler not had that last dribble get away from him slightly, he'd have avoided the defender completely.

In the first lead guessed, it was far from a great job of watching the defense. On a bang-bang play like that if you know you are selling that sucker.

The offensive player was surprised by the defender, the contact was through the torso, the defender did not belly-up, there was no exaggerated body position, and both trail and center's instinct was that it was a charge.
Flop? What does a defender have to do for you to not think he was flopping? IMO that kid played great defense.

And where in the rules or case books can I find this "contact through the torso" thing?
The contact was not hard enough to floor the defender on that play, he sold the call which I consider a flop.

You have obviously never attended any camps or heard any big time officials talk about block/charge if you need to have contact through the torso explained to you.