View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 13, 2005, 08:28pm
Official Forum Member

Originally posted by Camron Rust
=====================
"Sparks jumped into Torbert who was airborne and had jumped towards a spot that Sparks was not in nor was moving towards at the time of the jump. By srict interpretation of the rules, Sparks could be guilty of a player control foul."
=====================

You need to look at the shot again, because I saw something entirely different. As George Michael says, "Let's go to the videotape" - okay, well...at least a photo:

http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs...S02/203290317#

As you can see, Sparks hasn't left the floor yet and is actually manuevering to get the shot off. He is clearly moving to his left and Torbert is moving into him. I've seen the shot from head-on in slow-motion, and it's even more apparent than this still photo. At the moment this picture was snapped, Torbert has just landed and bumped Sparks.

I don't mean to split hairs, and I don't mean to raise a stink – I just think an objective viewer (official or not) would recognize that if this shot was taken at any other time during the game, and the contact were the same, the officials would've called it.