View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 13, 2005, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

I also like the idea of discussions over video clips. Sometimes it's hard to imagine a specific play being described by someone else, or it's hard to put a play into words without bringing some of your own "bias" into it. Video just doesn't lie.

In these two clips, the first time I watched them at normal speed, my initial reaction was PC on both. I was a little unsure on the first the more I watched it, but the second one continued to seem obvious to me. That's the benefit of replay vs. real-time. I think it's great to be able to have a discussion like this to see what other people think is the correct call, so I can either adjust or validate my way of viewing a play. For example, if I view a play as a charge, but 9 out of 10 others call it a block, and give the reasons why, then I need to adjust what I'm looking at. It's hard to do that with just a written description of the play.

I know videos eat up a lot of space, and some people might not be able to access them due to dial-up speeds, etc., but I think viewing and discussing video plays could be a great help to this discussion forum. Either they could be included on this site, or members could make sure we know how to get to videos stored on other sites (like the above).

(Used with permission.)